Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Urban Play, Sagmeister Inc.

One of our contributors, Joe Shouldice, worked on this amazing project in Amsterdam. I knew about the project but I was in complete shock when I saw images of the work. I had no idea it would be so beautiful.

Designed completely in pennies, the piece spells out “Obsessions make my life worse and my work better”. After it was completed, the most interesting part of the project was how others interacted with the piece... my heart dropped when Joe told me how the police swept up the whole thing to "protect" the coins...

Jenn is going to ask a Joe a few questions this week about the project and post them in a new interview section. We need to know more about the sweep up.

I am sharing a few photos from the sagmeister blog, and also check out the amazing videos and images on Anjens' flickr site.





No comments: