Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Villatype Project Number One



Okay, I've wanted to do this for some time now. I would like to add another element of interactivity to this blog. A call to action.

I am inviting you to create a banner for the blog, and I will post them randomly (as you can see I have been changing the banner with images from the blog already).

There are only two rules:
1. the banner should measure 56 picas wide by 12 picas high.
2. There must be a hed reading Villatype and a dek reading: A record and discussion of typography in the public domain


You can use any typefaces of your choice. I am okay with changing my original Villatype hed (set in Odile) because it will be elsewhere in the sidebar. You can use images, patterns, type only, it's up to you. I would prefer if it reflects the theme of "type found outside" but feel free to experiment and be creative.

That's it! I hope you will send me stuff to post!

I have some other Villatype projects in the works but for now let's see how this goes...

1 comment:

kavel said...

Hi Mandy, What do you think about posting all the banners on this page? Be nice to see them all together?